· Just install the PowerPivot from the file you have downloaded. It’ll take 2 – 3 minutes to install in your system. Once you install the PowerPoint In Excel 2010, Just start your excel application. Now you have a new, Tab in your Excel Ribbon. Here is a short video by Microsoft to Install PowerPivot In Excel 2010. WMA | MP4
In the Manage box, click COM Add-ins > Go. Check the Microsoft Office Power Pivot box, and then click OK. If you have other versions of the Power Pivot add-in installed, those versions are also listed in the COM Add-ins list. Be sure to select the Power Pivot add-in for Excel.
· Power Pivot is an Excel add-in that was first introduced in Excel 2010 by Microsoft. It allows you to harness the power of Business Intelligence right in Excel. Read the tutorial on how to enable Power Pivot in Excel 2013 here
· This add-in was first introduced under Microsoft Excel 2010 and made as a native feature under 2013 onwards versions of Excel and Office 365 as well. The power that PowerPivot posses lies in the data models of its own which can be considered as databases.
· Hi. I have an issue with the PowerPivot add-in: when I restart my computer, its checkmark goes away and I have to go to File - Options - Add-ins - COM - Go. Checkmark it and it comes back. It is not a big problem, but it is rather annoying. In Word I know I can force an add-in to be enabled...
Microsoft Office 2010 (64 bit recommended for Windows versions 64 bit) When installing Office, be sure to install Office Shared features. To install PowerPivot, go to http://powerpivot.com. To verify that the add-in installed, open Excel, and then click the PowerPivot tab on the Excel ribbon.
· Installing PowerPivot for Excel 2010
Open Excel and look for the Power Pivot tab on the Ribbon. If you see the tab, the Power Pivot add-in is already activated. You can skip the remaining steps. Go to the Excel Ribbon and choose File→Options. Choose the Add-Ins option on the left, and then look at the bottom of the dialog box for the Manage drop-down list. Select COM Add-Ins from that list, and then click Go.
· NOTE: To fully interact with these samples, you must have Excel 2010 and the PowerPivot for Excel 2010 add-in installed and enabled, or Excel 2013 and the PowerPivot in Excel 2013 add-in enabled. System Requirements Supported Operating System Windows 7, Windows ...
· To enable Power Pivot in Excel, click the “File” tab in the Ribbon to open the backstage view. Then click the “Options” category at the left side of the backstage view to open the “Excel Options” window. Within this window, click the “Add-Ins” category at its left side.